Wondering how you can play an active part in healing rheumatoid arthritis? Then you’re in luck! Scientific research shows that you can take considerable action when it comes to your personal self-healing process. There is a very simple, and totally free, method that literally changes your body’s physiology back to health.
As I’m sure you’ve guessed from the title, talking to yourself is that simple and effective method.
But let’s go back to the very basics for a moment to explain.
Everything in this universe is (simply put) energy. Everything vibrates. Everything has a frequency.
Words are vibration. And the vibration of words effect the vibration of your body. Of every cell within your body.
Different kinds of words have dissimilar vibrations. And as you may guess as well, positive and kind words create health and well-being, while negative and insensitive words produce dis-ease and discomfort.
Masaru Emoto illustrates this wonderfully in his book ‘The Miracle of Water’. He had photographed thousands of water crystals that were energised with (continuously exposed to) words, both positive and negative. The results were mesmerising. (The image shows the vibration of self-love.)
Through these photos he has shown the key concept of resonance and how we are all effected and influenced by resonance.
He has shown that talking to yourself in a kind and self-loving way generates happy vibrations in your cells. The diverse and beautiful water crystals confirm this. However, it’s not just your conscious words that create healing or dis-ease for your body.
There are many subconscious beliefs that generate vibrations in your body too. And as the word ‘subconscious’ implies, these are generally beliefs you are not consciously aware of (yet). And these may be causing considerable harm without you knowing it.
That’s why it is so important to welcome and be open to those parts of yourself, or indeed rheumatoid arthritis as a whole, that you experience as uncomfortable, so that your subconscious beliefs can come into your awareness.
For without awareness you cannot change the vibration within your body.
So, yes, practise talking lovingly to yourself and your body. And as you do that, pay attention to when something feels off for you or untrue. The temptation is to ignore those feelings, but refrain from doing so, as these are key to your self-healing process.
Without honesty you cannot create genuine healing.
Here is how you can practise self-loving self-talk and increase your awareness in 10 steps:
- Plan some time to consciously talk to your body. 5 to 10 minutes per day is fine. Set a timer if you want.
- Make sure there are no distractions. No phone, email or people to disturb you. (I personally light a candle as well to emphasize the moment I’m connecting with my body).
- Take 3 deep breaths to centre yourself and really come into your body. Close your eyes if that feels comfortable.
- Ask your inner being to guide you.
- Connect with and start noticing those parts of your body that you feel drawn to for healing. It can also be your entire body you feel you want to speak to.
- What is your body telling you? What emotions or feelings come up for you?
- Let the parts that are hurting know they are safe and are allowed to be here. (this is where your subconscious beliefs come to light)
- Sometimes by simply being able to have come to light certain painful parts are already diminishing. Sometimes this is not the case. Ask how you can help. Wait for a reply.
- Offer your embrace. Offer safety. Offer forgiveness. Offer love. You have to be the judge of what is most effective and healing for you in the moment.
- Speak affectionately to your body. This can be silently. As you’ve done the previous steps first, the positive and healing words you now speak have a genuine effect, as you’ve allowed pain to be healed first.
I encourage you to talk to your body on a regular basis. You will notice your cells responding with delight as you speak. And it’s wonderful to know that this simple self-healing practise genuinely shifts the vibration and physiology of your body 🙂
What effect is healing self-talk having on your body? Please leave a comment and share your thoughts and ideas about this blog below